Okonomiyaki (Japanese-style savory pancakes)
- Possible ingredients to put into/onto Okonomiyaki
- Katsuobushi*: Dried, shaved benito (katsuo)
- Aonori*: Green, dried seaweed.
- Brown okonomiyaki sauce*
- Cut four large, green cabbage leaves without the hard, white core in thin strings (ca. 4 mm).
- Mix the water, flour, eggs and the cabbage strings together.
- Add the cubed tofu
- Fry the dough like a pancake in a small frying pan
- Before turning the okonomiyaki over, and while the dough is still quite soft, you may put other ingredients on top of the dough.
- Turn the okonomiyaki.
- When fried well, serve the okonomiyaki with katsuobushi, aonori, mayonnaise and okonomiyaki sauce.